IFFCO launches e-commerce platform for farmers, $5 billion sales in 2 years.

Fertiliser major IFFCO has partnered with Singapore-based technology firm iMandi to start an e-commerce platform for farmers with an investment of about Rs 80 crore.

An e-commerce app, ‘IFFCO iMandi’, has been launched that would cater to 5.5 crore farmers already associated with the cooperative. A web portal has also been developed.

IFFCO’s subsidiary IFFCO eBazar Ltd has taken a 26 per cent stake in iMandi Pte Ltd. The remaining 74 per cent is with I-tech Holdings and some other investors. After spearheading the campaign across India to sensitise the farmers about the use of online and digital transactions, They are proud to come up with an app ‘IFFCO iMandi’. It is a ‘one-stop-shop’ for agriculture production.iMandi would address all needs of the farming community and aims to cater to a captive user base of 55 million farmers, They are targeting to reach GMV (gross merchandise value) of USD 5 billion in the next two years. iMandi is available for download at Play Store and App Store for Android and iOS phones and accessible on the web at www.iffcoimandi.in.

Apart from buy-sell, the app has features like communication (chat and calling), entertainment and information/advisory content to keep the farmers engaged.

Reference: economictimes.indiatimes.com

 

 

About the Author

Amin Lalani
Amin Lalani is a subject matter specialist in Internet Retailer with several articles and research paper published so far. He has done M.Phil from IoBM in Marketing with emphasis on Internet Retailing. Besides academia he has various other certification like SAP, Google Analytic, Microsoft Small Business Solution Provider and more.

Be the first to comment on "IFFCO launches e-commerce platform for farmers, $5 billion sales in 2 years."

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*