Internet Retailers in Pakistan and elsewhere generally do not care about branding their business thinking its an costly affair. What they care most is high turnover and optimize profit. Apparently, with such vision Internet Retailer may face saturation point and becomes dying brand in long term. There are atleast 7 ways how to brand an online store.
Before we start about brand recognition, lets revisit The Fundamental of Branding : Why do a Retailer has to concern about brand building
Branding is the most important component in building long term business sustainability. Generally there is a perception towards branding that, having a good Logo and placing it in-front of the store and bags is branding. But, branding is beyond that. Take an example of Cadbury and Nestle; they are trusted brand among the consumer for around a century. What does it mean? It reflects the commitment of brand to successfully deliver an exceptional product quality without any compromise whilst, maintain relationship with all stakeholders which includes shareholders, employees, suppliers, government and above all the consumer. They been social responsible for products and services they offer to a global community and make them satisfied at any stage. Any stage means take and example of Nestle: they have different sets of products in different countries and the brand delivers smile on the face of consumer with quality innovative product like 2 Minute Noodles and Nesvita Juices.
Now lets talk about how an Internet Retailer can buildup their brands?
- First and foremost – develop a Brandcentric Sphere. from Office to Website and from Shipping Box to Social Media.
- Customer First : In order to win todays’ economy battle you got to be product master. Here is a beautiful quote by Steve Jobs: “It’s really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don’t know what they want until you show it to them.”
- Stay alive on social media, marketing and news. Very well said by Henry Ford. A man who stops advertising to save money is like a man who stops a clock to save time.
- Get connected to community. Best way to connect community is to initiate a social cause like collecting books to donate it to community schools library. This way you may reach to wider audience.
- Innovate – Coke is selling the same product with different theme for many decades. Internet Retailer can also come up with ideas customized for various customers. Its an age of customization and co-creation.
- Co-Branding : How about co-branding with other brands so that you brand gets enhanced visibility among larger set of audience.
- Think Long term : One has to think long term as it takes atleast a decade to get recognized and trusted after that, the brand starts getting exponential growth.
In conclusion Brands brings in more customers then advertisement does. Think of brands like UHU they dont advertise but, they maintain their quality, innovation and trust for years to bring about creativity and product livelihood through a basic innovation.